Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Un-pho-gettable

Made a visit to Ben Thanh's (BT) with Jack and Marlene. Great Viet food. I was very impressed with the sweet and sour soup that Marlene ordered - it was pretty damn similar to what my momma makes, so it's definitely legit. I was boring and decided to get pho 101 (with all of the regular fixins). It was delicious, but like always they didn't serve it with enough basil or lime which are essential components to an excellent bowl of pho. I didn't end up finishing it because I was too anxious to try my three bean dessert which I've talked about in previous posts. I was impressed with the shaved ice, but not so happy about the proportions of the three layers. I very much prefer pho dau bo to bt with regard to this dessert.
3.0/5 sss

3 comments:

  1. WOOOO I was waiting for this post!
    However, I would have really like to see a higher score on the sss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FINALLY GOT TO COMMENT.
    boo-ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, lime cannot be replaced with anything! no lemons, oranges or grapefruit. :P

    ReplyDelete