Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ajisen Ramen

 
Under Adriana's recommendation I tried out Ajisen Ramen located in Chinatown. I don't have much experience when it comes to Ramen noodles so my expectations going into this place were rather low. However, I did know that a good bowl of Ramen will "..calm the soul and fill the belly" - and man, did it ever. This bowl of noodle soup was phenomenal. Of all the noodle soups I've ever tried - from the ones in Vietnam, to Hong Kong to Markham to Chinatown to my Momma's kitchen - this one will sit near the top for me. Rather than say it 'had me at hello' I'll say it had me at first bite. I ordered the Tenderous Rib Ramen and tender those ribs were. My only complaint is that there weren't enough. Actually, that's not even a valid argument because I felt like there wasn't enough of anything: noodle, soup, veggies - it was just all too good that no amount could have satisfied my appetite. Adriana, thank you for the recommendation - you are 3/3, girl! Keep up the good work!  5.0/5.0 sss.

The menu instructs you to drink from the bowl when you finish - I probably would have figured that one out for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment