Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bloor Street Block Party

Our street got shut down last night for a block party hosted by Holt Renfrew for the unveiling of their holiday windows. According to the awkward ET Canada hosts, Rick Campanelli and his female partner (a name I can't remember), the unveiling marks the "...beginning of the holiday shopping season for the entire nation!"

The highlight of the evening was the performance by FEIST!!! It was the first concert I have ever attended so it was a very special event for me :)


This is all I could capture after the unveiling. I don't have much of an eye for art and design, but I didn't find anything really special about the display. It definitely didn't meet the expectations from all the hype of the event. I was expecting more glitz and glamour... but all I got were some scary snowmen I dared not take photos of.

The excitement continued inside where we feasted on turkey sandwiches, cheese, hot chocolate and sparkling water! Nothing puts me more in the mood for holiday season than hot chocolate and Christmas decor.

I really like living here.

3 comments:

  1. did she perform "lover's spit"?
    omie and i love that songgggg

    i wish i lived there too! i would give up londontown hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if she performed that song. I'm not familiar with any of her songs except for the one that plays on the Apple ad (which she didn't play). She's VERY good live though.

    ReplyDelete