Monday, April 6, 2009

The Tasting Room

4.9/5 sss

Rating not available.

Went to a get-together at the Tasting Room last night. I was surprised at how cozy and intimate the atmosphere was. I'm not used to dark candle lit dinners, and like Marlene said, it's a great place to bring an ugly date. I ordered lobster and crab stuffed chicken with yukon potato three cheese pave. I feel like I didn't get to thoroughly enjoy my main course since I filled up on some amazingly-amazing bruschetta beforehand. Too many times I've ordered bruschetta that turned out to be sub-mediocre, so you can imagine how glad I was to have come across one worthy of a 4.9/5sss. With the addition of cream cheese and feta, the Tasting Room has achieved near perfection in their bruschetta. The only reason it's not a 5 is because my hungry appetite might have been a confounding factor and deceived my senses into believing it was perfect.
I shouldn't allow myself to rate the lobster and crab stuffed chicken since I was: 1. already full when I started on it and 2. found myself rushing to eat it as soon as I realized everybody else had finished by the time I started on it. I can vouch that it was delicious though. Incase you're wondering what pave is, it's layers of scalloped potatoes topped with cheese - delicious!

I found it funny that they had mini burgers so I took a photo of Lyndsay's appetizer to share with you all.

1 comment: