
While studying for the MCAT this past summer, my dad noticed me struggling to support my massive texts on anything I could find - pillow, binders, stuffed animal... but I was never really successful in finding the perfect prop-up. So one night, he went out back, and I heard him sawing and drilling for a couple of hours. When he returned to the house, he presented me with a wooden bookstand. He demonstrated how I should use it: lay out a cloth for it to sit on as to avoid scratching the table surface (not shown in the photo). As you can see below, it was rather elaborate and he actually offered to make me a new one with white wood so that it would have a more 'stylish' appearance to it. Since returning to school I've found that wire-folding bookstands can be bought from the bookstore for $6 but I've never even considered the thought of purchasing one because mine is absolutely priceless. :)

A bookstand made with love.
damn. that is awesome. i love things made with love.
ReplyDelete