Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lost mitten and pot of mysterious balls

On days that I'm in a rush to catch the bus, I forget to put my mitts on and instead run up the street with them hanging out of my coat pockets. I can't even count how many times I realize mid-day that I've lost my mitts and am so disappointed that I only have one to keep my right hand warm (I usually lose the left). Every single one of those days, on my way back home, I'll find my lost mitt - whether it be on the sidewalk or on a mound of snow, I always manage to come across it! But today, I caught a glimpse of it on the road (the sidewalks were icy this morning) I was reluctant to pick it up because it looked so mangled - it had definitely been stepped and driven over. Anyways, I picked it up and am in the middle of deciding whether I should bother to give it a round in the wash. The yellow-tinted picture doesn't do it justice.. it's actually pretty disgusting. Hmmm.
On a lighter note: Introducing glutinous rice balls with black sesame filling. My roommate made these tonight and I thought they looked interesting hanging out in the pot like that. They're apparently a mainland China dessert... They caught the attention of all housemates tonight, and were mistaken for fishballs and/or eyeballs.

3 comments:

  1. lol i eat those all the time!
    i call them panda balls

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about your mitt. i once lost mine in the grocery store and saw someone who had it in their cart!

    i have those rice balls too!! i ate too many and got a stomach ache. i'll never learn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had to create an account to be a follower! geez!

    ReplyDelete