Saturday, April 17, 2010

The perfect day off.

French Macaron and Ham & Cheese Croissant @ La Bamboche
I had a day off on Wednesday and didn’t waste one moment of it. With coffee in hand, Har and I made our way uptown to La Bamboche on Avenue Road for breakfast that included their famous ham and cheese croissant (4.4 sss). And of course you can’t go to La Bamboche without trying a French macaron, so I picked espresso (I have nothing to compare it so won’t bother to rate). Afterwards, we walked around downtown and did some shopping until we got hungry again. 

Steak Frites @ The Drake Hotel
We made our way wesssst to Queen West where we dined at one of my favourite spots, The Drake Hotel. It was Wednesday, so the blue plate of the day was steak frites with chocolate cake (3.9/5.0 sss) – From my past experiences, I was expecting this meal to be phenomenal, but I guess my expectations were a little too high (My favourite menu item is still, by far, the waffles and southern fried chicken (all must try this at least once in their lifetime!)).

Shrimp Fresh Rolls and Pho @ Pho Hung
Later on, I headed to tkmt - why I decided to have steak frites before Muay Thai is beyond me. Afterwards, Mehrad picked me up and we headed to Pho Hung in Chinatown for some fresh rolls and pho. It was great to see my Desk Partner again :)

Roomie + food outings + good weather + MT + Desk Partner = 5.0/5.0 sss

2 comments:

  1. quite the foodfilled day! :'D
    i look forward to our imminent brunch experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I!!!!!!!! I'll take you to my favourite - Aunty's and Uncle's!

    ReplyDelete