Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bloor Street Diner & Cora's

This past weekend, my cousin told me that my food reviews are her favourite posts. Lately I have been posting less and less about my food outings because I thought they bored you guys - but I guess I thought wrong. Above is a grilled salmon panini that I ordered from Bloor Street Diner (on Bay and Bloor) last Thursday. The only thing that I can recall from this meal is the salt salt salt. However, I still managed to enjoy it because I was starving. On a final note, don't let the 'Diner' part deceive you - it's a rather 'classy' atmosphere (nothing like a greasy spoon) and this is reflected in the pricing of the menu. 3.0/5.0 sss

After a long Thursday night, we were in dire need of brunch. We headed to Cora's, a place that I feel is generally consistent in offering a good meal. I enjoy Cora's because it makes you feel less guilty about eating greasy food since it's always paired with fruit - so the bad stuff gets canceled out! That's sawnsawn algebra for ya.
I ordered crepes, and to my disappointment they were dry (2.4/5.0 sss). But then again, my standards for crepes are pretty high since the majority I've had were made by Poppa Har who, in my professional opinion as a foodie, is Ruler of the Crepe Kingdom.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think coras has fallen into disfavour with me. bruised peach. for shame coras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I understand. That peach was nasty... and the server made the situation worse by trying to convince us that the chef said it was okay to eat. FAIL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the crepes in paris might come close to comparing to my dads. They did not. I have learned to never order the crepes.
    and that coras does suck

    ReplyDelete