Monday, February 15, 2010

Chinese New Year at Temple

Happy Chinese New Year!
The family went to Temple for Chinese New Year. I've never seen it so busy - it was tough to find parking and there were even officers guiding traffic. It was the good kind of bustling - no pushing or shoving, everyone was there for the same reason and you could really feel the positive energy that this time of year brings out in the Chinese folk. It was nice.
It was so busy that there was a line up to ring the bell. This is one of my favourite parts about going to Temple so I wasn't going to miss out.

Alex and Matty rang the bell together. Their inseparability weirds me out sometimes, but I thought this was kind of cute.
They insisted I take this photo of them with the lion. Check out how excited Matty looks!

1 comment: