1. Lunch in Yorkville - Audi ordered a caesar salad that had about 3 uncut leaves of romaine lettuce. It looked delicious, but I've never seen a caesar salad with full out leaves, let alone made with only 3 leaves.
2. Shopping - We visited Holts and almost bought out the entire store.
3. Hair dressers - we went to Chinatown for hot oil treatment.
4. Dinner across the Art Gallery - I enjoyed that we had some more outdoor eating.
My thoughts on the hot oil treatment in Chinatown
After so many awful experiences in Chinatown hair salons as a child, I was skeptical about going back for a hot oil treatment. It was only after I had two recommendations that I decided to give in and see what all of the excitement was about. I told Audra about it and she was down for some low priced hair treatment so we hopped on a subway and stopped at the least sketchiest hair salon we could find: Hair Culture. We read on the sign that oil treatment was $12, when we got up there, they told us it was actually $32. I was confused, but still decided to go through with it. Audra was victim to the upsell and ended up going for the $45 - they showed us that the difference between the her's and mine, was that she had a little vial of mysterious chemical in her treatment. Audi was assigned to a young female whereas I was given to a 40-something year old Chinese man. I was a little nervous at first, but as soon as he began massaging my scalp I knew that he knew what he was doing. Anyways, we were both very happy with our results - our hair was sooo soft in the end! 4.2/5 sss.

hair update: still soft and shiny! i am using 1/10th the conditioner i used to. definite success, we must repeat this sketch chinatown adventure later
ReplyDeletethe one on the left is pretty cute.. sandy you should get me a lunch date with this girl so that i can meet her and then persuade her to move in with me and go to vegas for vacations and dream about buying pugs and putting wigs on them before taking them for strolls around the london neighborhood until we move to a new neighborhood, possibly one where the wearing of dog wigs are prohibited, et cetera... or, just a regular date would be fine too.. whichever works for... audra's her name?
ReplyDelete