
I made a trip to Sauga on the weekend to visit Dan and Freddy. We were all really hungry when I got there so we got dim sum at this 24-hr dim sum restaurant. It was definitely memorable - but only because I've never had so much dim sum in my life. I now have a stronger liking for the restaurants where you can actually order the dim sum as opposed to the ones where the carts are being pushed around. On paper, you can get as many 'har gows' (shrimp dumplings) as you'd like, but in the cart restaurants you'll be lucky if the har gao cart ever reaches your table. So we ordered lots, therefore I ate lots.. afterall, dim sum is good for you right? Everything's steamed.. right? Actually no. I was heartbroken to find out after the meal that the moisture on the dumplings is not water from being steamed but is in fact grease from pig lard. Why did no one inform me that the dumpling wraps were made from pig lard??? I just always thought it was really thick rice paper :( I guess it was too good to be true that anything with that much delicious goodness would be healthy for you. Anyways, that revelation of truth was terribly disappointing.. and then I got a stomach ache.


Meet my new friend Zoey. She's Freddy's snake and one of the coolest pets I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I was pretty nervous when he first took her out, especially when he would hold her close to my face - afterall, you never know when their natural instincts will kick in and they snap! But then Freddy told me that she has no natural instincts. He actually makes an effort to piss her off but she never does anything. Anyway, she felt really nice, and she was super friendly. Kind of makes me want a pet snake.
man
ReplyDeletenow you've ruined dim sum for me.