I often think about how wonderful it would be to have a super mutant power. I also feel like it's a good conversation piece... "If you had to pick a super mutant power, what would it be?" is something I commonly ask people. I have to admit, I ask them because I want them to ask me in return, for I'm very confident that my answer will blow them away. "A teleporter" I casually respond. How amazing would it be to be so mobile that you're immobile in the act - does that make sense? Anyways, that's what I used to say.Recently, I've had a bit of time to myself. You can imagine what an extended period of time alone can do to someone. Tonight, I had an epiphany. I thought of a super mutant power that definitely trumps what I formerly thought to be the most brilliant super mutant power any mutant could possess. I can't pin point exactly what this power would be called, but I can describe it well. It is the power to void yourself of any emotion. To numb yourself of any feeling. To just turn everything off - like a switch. Think about how wonderful it would be to save yourself the sadness, anger, the humiliation of an emotional crumble.
However, I won't sign off in such bitterness. I'll remind you that 'switch' implies that there is also option for 'on'.

oh no sands, are you alright? sometimes i want this power, but then i realize it just stops you from dealing with things. aka, i learned that from intervention -- sweet show
ReplyDeletethat WOULD be convenient... but to trump teleporting?!?! you could go anywhere just like that. like to the moon! that would be the best :)
ReplyDelete